In this role, you will be responsible for hosting all systems related to Booking Experts and developing tooling for your colleagues. You will work together with your team on a scalable and advanced all-in-one reservation system for holiday parks that needs to handle high traffic at any time of the day. As a DevOps engineer, you will be the point of contact for system hosting and developing tooling for other engineers.
What will you be doing? 🤔
Together with your team, you will work on the foundation of the operations part of Booking Experts. You aim to learn from incidents such as downtime and translate them into improvements to the systems. Additionally, you will assist other engineers in optimizing their work by developing tooling for automated test environments, continuous integration, and deployment.
You achieve scalable hosting by using distributed systems. For instance, you automate the infrastructure with Terraform. Moreover, we are in the process of transitioning to k8s/Kubernetes, where you can play a significant role. You will also build dashboards, fine-tune monitoring, and maintain the CI/CD system. We strive for a good balance between regular updates and reliability. Ultimately, we value your continuous learning and growth by regularly testing your skills.
What will be your focus? 🧐
- Scalable hosting through the use of distributed systems.
- Automating infrastructure with Terraform.
- Building dashboards and fine-tuning monitoring.
- Continuously learning and growing by regularly testing your skills.
- Maintaining the CI/CD system.
Who are we looking for? 👀
Ideally, you have some experience with Docker, AWS, Terraform, Ruby (on Rails), PostgreSQL, Redis, and Sidekiq. It is not necessary to have extensive experience; we value your eagerness to learn. This vacancy is for someone who wants to grow as a DevOps professional. However, it is important that you have completed a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or possess equivalent knowledge.
You also have a good foundational knowledge of programming languages, but you don't have to be an expert. However, you stay informed about the latest developments in your field. You recognize that there is still much to learn, so you engage in studying through books, podcasts, conferences, etc., alongside your work.
Your skills 🎓
- Completed bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages --> You already have some experience with Docker, AWS, Terraform, Ruby (on Rails), PostgreSQL, Redis, and Sidekiq.
Appreciated qualities 🛠️
- Openness to insights from others.
- Ability to articulate the problem you are facing.
- Recognizing when it is wise to involve others in choosing a solution.
- Being up to date with the developments in your field.
Your department and the team 👊🏼
A department full of freedom, technical knowledge, vision, growth and peace, but with fun from time to time; that is our Product & Engineering department. Every day our team of experienced engineers works on a scalable and advanced booking platform for holiday parks. With us you will find specialisms such as backend, frontend, full stack and DevOps.
Why apply? 🙋🏼
Of course we offer you a good salary based on skills and experience even. But we also offer you excellent fringe benefits and sufficient holiday. We therefore find the balance between work and private life important.
At Booking Experts we strive for a healthy working environment. That is why you will find fruit at our office, we encourage you to take a daily walk, there are stand-sit desks and responsible lunch options. There is also always coffee, tea and soft drinks ready for you. In addition, we wholeheartedly encourage the initiative 'a smoke-free generation'. We therefore appreciate that our employees do not smoke during office hours.
We regularly do fun things, we have lunch together during the break and occasionally have a drink in town. Booking Experts also regularly organizes company outings and you can join the Friday afternoon drink!
What we offer you 💰
- Full-time employment of 40 hours per week with flexible hours.
- Employee benefit: 10% salary surcharge (capped at €500) that you can use to save, invest or do something else.
- 5 weeks holiday: Per year and of course the standard Dutch holidays.
- Annual salary increase: Our growth is a collective effort. That is why we increase all wages in the same proportion.
- Flexible working hours: Organize your working day yourself.
- Work wherever you want: from home, our beautiful office in Enschede or Amersfoort, a co-working space, from the train, you name it.
- MacBook & large screen: Of course we provide a good laptop and a large screen so that you can work effectively.
- Sit-stand desk: Everyone works from a sit-stand desk, both at home and in the office.
- Home workplace: We provide a well-equipped home workplace. You get a sit-stand desk, a good desk chair and a large screen for home.
- Free lunch: Every day you get a free lunch at the office and every Friday sandwiches from the Broodbode or Tango are delivered.
Secondary employment conditions:
- Company parties 🕺🏻
- Professional development budget 💰
- Flexible working hours 🕘
- Friday afternoon drink 🥂
- Work from home (hybrid) 🏡
Do you see yourself working here? Do not wait any longer and apply immediately!